I've just spent 20 minutes signing in a group of fresh candidates writing their first SOA exam. Remember the following things for your exam.
- Your letter of acknowledgement from the SOA (2 candidates appeared without these today).
- An SOA calculator (I had to supply two candidates with calculators because they brought the wrong one) - and know how it works!
- Photo ID; and
- Pencils and an eraser.
- Leave your cell phone on so that it rings during the exam;
- Bring food to the exam - drinks are ok as long as they don't "cause a disturbance" (I'm still figuring that one out);
- Use a pen; or
- Keep writing after time is called.